Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Vegan Thanksgiving sounds like it shouldn’t be a thing. But we’re here to prove that wrong!This Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe proves that Turkey Day tastes can be made using nothing but plant-based ingredients and still deliver all the fall flavor you love. With sweet, velvety acorn squash, crunchy quinoa, colorful veggies, and essential oils, this simple vegan recipe lets you enjoy the flavors of the season without needing to bust out your stretchy pants.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 acorn squash
- 1¾ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Organic Dried Wolfberries
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Thyme Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut off ends of squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds.
- Brush squash halves with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash sides face down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25–35 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute celery, carrots, and onion for 5–7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine quinoa, sautéed veggies, and wolfberries.
- Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil with Vitality essential oils.
- Pour over quinoa/veggie mixture and toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each squash halve with mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; then dig into this festive fall dish!
What’s your favorite way to use Young Living Vitality essential oils in your holiday cooking? Share in the comments below!