All about wolf berries (goji berries), Ningxia red and more!
Young Living’s Organic Dried Wolfberries are a sweet, organic snack from nature that’s easy to make a part of your daily diet. Our gentle drying process makes these USDA-certified organic wolfberries versatile and easy to incorporate into lots of recipes, letting you add wolfberry benefits to anything from stir-fry to baked goods!
With polyphenols and polysaccharides, this exotic berry is touted around the world for its taste and nutrients. Documented use of wolfberries dates back to the Ming Dynasty, where they were part of ancient Chinese culture.
What are the Benefits of Wolfberries Contained in NingXia Red?
The NingXia Wolfberry Benefits include:
- Contains the highest ORAC score of the wolfberries at 303 µTE/100g compared to the Chinese wolfberry at 202 µTE/100g. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity: It tells you the antioxidant capacity of a food item. For comparison, Acai measures at 184 µTE/100g and Blueberry at 32 µTE/100g.
- Highest levels of naturally occurring, age defying S-ORAC antioxidant activity. Antioxidants may protect the body against free radicals.
- Is the richest known source of Vitamin B1 or Thiamin which is necessary for energy production.
- Has a high level of naturally occurring Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid.
- Contains calcium, chromium, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese and zinc-all important minerals in the body
- High amount of protein at 15.6% by weight which is higher than bee pollen.
- Rich in Amino Acids such as L- arginine, L-glutamine, L-leucine.
- Over 21% fiber by weight which is more than oat bran or buckwheat. Highest percentages of fiber contained in any whole food. High fiber supports a healthy digestive track.
- Contains Carotenoids which include zeaxanthin and lutein which support healthy visual function.
- And more!
How Does Ningxia Red Compare to Other Antioxidant Drinks?
Independent testing from Brunswick Laboratories showed that NingXia Red contained the highest amount of antioxidants when compared to other antioxidant drinks on the market. See the Chart Below.
Note: This is for the former Ningxia Red. Ningxia Red has been reformulated but has the same action packed antioxidants.
What is in Ningxia Red Wolfberry Juice?
NingXia Red wolfberry juice combines natural ingredients as well as essential oils to provide a healthy delicious drink. A brief description of each ingredient
- Whole Organic NingXia Wolfberry Puree (lyceum barbarum L). The Puree retains more of the health-supporting benefits during bottling.
- Blueberry Juice Concentrate (Vaccinium corymbosum) has a very high level of antioxidants. Blueberries support a healthy immune system.
- Plum Juice Concentrate (Prunus domestica) also high in antioxidants and has a high level of Vitamin C.
- Cherry Juice Concentrate (Prunus avium) contains the flavonoid Queritrin, perillyl alcohol and ellagic acid. Also of course rich in antioxidants.
- Pomegranate Juice Concentrate (Punica granatum) also has a very high level of antioxidants. Pomegranate supports a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Aronia Berry Juice Concentrate (Armonia melanocarpa) or chokeberry is a rich source of phenolic anthocyanins, vitamins, trace minerals and antioxidants.
- Organic Stevia Extract is an alternative sweetener which has a low-glycemic value.
- Dark Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) – water extracted. Grapes contain flavonoids that are very powerful antioxidants and resveratrol which has been shown to increase expression of three genes all related to longevity.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) consists of 68 percent d-limonene. It has cleansing and purifying properties.
- Tangerine Essential Oil (Citrus reticulata) contains esters and aldehydes that are calming. Rich in d-limonene it helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle regimen.
- Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis) is rich in the d-limonene and may support cellular function. Also has calming effects and may be used for feelings of peace.
- Yuzu Essential Oil (Citrus junos)
Also contains water, tantaric acid, natural blueberry flavor, malic acid, pure vanilla extract, pectin, and sodium benzoate to maintain freshness.
Organic Dried Wolfberries Uses:
- Top yogurt or a smoothie with wolfberries for a wholesome breakfast with a satisfying texture.
- Include Organic Dried Wolfberries in your homemade granola or trail mix for a nourishing snack on a hike, at school, or around the home.
- Add to your favorite muffin, pancake, or bread recipes.
- Toss with leafy greens, shaved or crumbled cheese, and vinaigrette for an exotic gourmet salad.