Happy back-to-school season! This month when you purchase 100 PV in your Essential Rewards order, you will receive a 5-ml Lemon Vitality™. This essential oil is one of my favorites to cook with, especially when making treats to add to the kiddos’ lunches!
Before we talk about some of the wonderful benefits of Lemon Vitality, let’s talk about what is different between Lemon essential oil and Lemon Vitality essential oil. Have you ever wondered this? The answer is simple: The d…ifference between the two is only the recommended usage on the label. They smell the same and have the same chemical constituents, but Lemon essential oil is labeled for topical and aromatic usage, while Lemon Vitality is labeled for internal use.
Lemon Vitality essential oil (and Lemon ) is extracted through cold pressing from the rind of the fruit. Citrus limon is a species of small evergreen tree native to Asia and of the Rutaceae family of plants, and although there is speculation, the origin of lemon is thought to be in Asia, although the exact location is not known. Lemons are suspected to have appeared in Europe at some point before the first century AD during the time of the Ancient Romans. Major production of the fruit did not begin until the 15th century in Genoa, Italy. Lemons were first introduced to the Americas when Christopher Columbus arrived in 1493.
The main naturally occurring chemical constituent of the oil is limonene, and other key constituents include gamma-terpinene, beta-pinene, alpha-pinene, and sabinene.
Lemon Vitality is one of my favorite Vitality oils to cook with, and since it takes 25 lemons to produce the 5-ml you will receive in August, a little will go a LONG way! Some different ways to use Lemon Vitality when you kids are heading back to school are:
• Add a couple drops to their water bottle in the morning to help staying hydrated and refreshed more tasty!
• Add 1 drop of Lemon Vitality to their morning smoothie.
• Spray it on cut fruit like apples to help prevent browning.
• Add 1 drop to plain or vanilla yogurt; top with fresh berries.
• Blend a drop of Lemon Vitality in Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix batter and top your waffles or pancakes with fresh fruit for a healthy, tasty breakfast.
Lemon Vitality is a wonderful addition to your kitchen, and your children will enjoy all the yummy Lemon Vitality treats as they head back to school this month.
***from YL training and education FB
Lemon (Citrus limon) Vitality can add a bright, dynamic flavor to many dishes. Its versatility in sweet and savory recipes is what makes this fruit a popular item in kitchens around the world. Use Young Living’s Lemon Vitality™ essential oil to add flavor to savory foods like fish and chicken or sweet foods like pastries and cakes.
Lemon Vitality oil has a bright taste you’ll want to keep on hand for almost anything you whip up. Instead of zesting or juicing, use Lemon Vitality for a convenient way to use this great flavor. Start small with a single drop of oil.
Lemon Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add to a tall glass of cold water for a fresh drink to start your day.
- Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed.
- Blend a drop of Lemon Vitality in Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix batter and top your waffles or pancakes with fresh fruit for a healthy, tasty breakfast.
- Create custom vinaigrettes or marinades to add a bright taste to summer salads and grilling.
- Add it to tea, baked goods, homemade preserves, and other treats.
- Add 1 drop in plain or vanilla yogurt. Top with fresh berries.
- Combine with savory foods such as chicken, fish, shrimp, and vegetables and with sides such as noodles, rice, or pasta salad.
How to Use