Why I chose Young Living Essential Oils over other brands
First and foremost, the main reason I started using the Young Living brand of essential oils is because I researched the heck out of all the major essential oil brands. After reading stories and testimonials it seemed that no other brand out there could compare. Plus, the owners are not businessmen, they are farmers. I wanted the best, most natural product out there so why I would go with anyone other than the pioneers of the essential oil industry.
Why Young Living Essential Oils are So Different
The vast majority of essential oils on the market today are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes, which is not why I use them. The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is that they produce therapeutic grade oils, meaning they can have real health benefits. These oils are a result of Young Living’s strict, detailed method for producing the oils to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences. Young Living calls this their Seed to Seal process, where every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled.
(Information from the Young Living Seed to Seal website)
Seed to Seal
1. Seed -Powerful, effective essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Our own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of our seeds. The seeds we use are selected for their scientifically proven ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
2. Cultivate – Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
3. Distill – Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting essential oils and preserving their precious constituents. We use cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
4. Test – Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities. Our testing methods ensure that our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
5. Seal – Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in its 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled and labeled. Our carefully bottled, painstakingly produced essential oils are shipped to members worldwide.
For more information on Young Living’s exclusive Seed to Seal process, please see the Seed to Seal website!
The Problem With Other Oil Brands
The vast majority of other essential oils are extracted using high heat, high pressure, and chemical solvents. Although the final product may still contain the aroma of the plant, these harsh processing methods destroy the therapeutic qualities of the oils. Using lesser-quality oils for therapeutic purposes is never recommended and can be extremely toxic.
Another problem is that there are currently no standards when it comes to labeling a bottle of essential oil. A bottle can say “100% Natural”, “100% Pure”, “All Natural”, or even “Therapeutic” or anything similar, but none of these terms are regulated! (tricky, huh?!)
Because there are no standards for essential oils, you have no way of knowing the quality of the oil! Is it perfume or cosmetic grade? Food grade? True therapeutic grade?! An inexpensive essential oil has more than likely been mass produced, with very little attention to the way it was processed. In a cheap bottle of oil, the therapeutic compounds have been destroyed by heat, pressure, and/or chemical solvents. Because no standards exist for essential oils, you have to know where your oils are coming from and how they were produced!
Young Living Essential Oils Work
I would be remiss not to mention one of the most important reasons why I use Young Living oils…
Quite simply…these essential oils work.
Ready to buy Young Living Essential Oils?
Great! We want to welcome you to our family. We have the BEST community of oilers I could possibly imagine with lots of free resources, classes and more. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.