All natural tattoo after care with essential oils
- Using a kitchen scale, weigh your butters and almond oil and put them into a double boiler.
- Slowly heat the butters and oil until they melt.
- Give them all a mix together.
- Allow the mixture to set. If you need to expedite the process or lack patience (like me) you can put the mixture into the fridge for a bit.
- Add your essential oils.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer your whipped tattoo healing cream to a mason or other glass jar. The final product will be a harder feeling whipped cream and will feel wonderful being massaged into your tattoo and skin.
- Apply a small amount to your tattoo throughout the day. The more moisturized you keep your tattoo, the less flaking that will occur (which in turn leads to less itchiness) and the better your skin will look, feel and heal.
Logic behind the natural ingredients used on my tattoos
- Cocoa butter is high in vitamin E to help hydrate and soothe skin (keeping a tattoo moisturized helps combat flaking and itchiness).
- Shea butter is known for moisturizing and healing properties especially scarring.
- Sweet almond oil is easily absorbed and helps the other ingredients penetrate into your skin.