Easy Essential Oil Cake Cookies
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
8 drops therapeutic grade pure lemon essential oil
- 1-2 drops therapeutic grade pure lavender essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Have an un-greased cookie sheet ready to go.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, egg and lemon oil (or extract) and mix until combined.
- Using your hands, roll out golf ball sized rounds of the cake batter mixture.
- Place the balls 1″ apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (Try not to over bake so they are nice and soft)
- While baking, place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl (or a squeeze bottle) and microwave for increments of 30 seconds stirring in between until melted and smooth. You don’t want to cook more than 30 seconds at a time or the candy will scorch.
- Add one drop of lavender essential oil and test for taste. It may seem a bit strong, but the lemon in the cookies helps to balance this.
- Set the lavender infused candy melts aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to continue baking on the cookie sheet for another 5-6 minutes.
- Drizzle the lavender over each cookie
- Allow to cool completely until the lavender center has hardened (I suggest placing the cookie sheet in the fridge for at least an hour once it reaches room temperature).
- Store cookies in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container or bag for up to three months.
Another yummy cake cookie I love to make is chocolate peppermint. It would be the same recipe and directions as the lemon-lavender only you use chocolate cake mix, green candy melts and peppermint EO.