Lemonberry Chex Mix Recipe with Lemon Essential Oil
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 Cups Golden Grahams or graham cracker pieces
1 Cup Dried Cranberries or blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (here is where we buy the only oils we use and trust)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, & lemon peel uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Add lemon essential oil and pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
- Add Golden Grahams and dried fruit. Store in airtight container.