Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Citronella Essential Oil Uses
- Apply topically before and during outdoor activities.
- Use Citronella’s bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Apply topically to refresh and moisturize skin.
- Use as an alternative to deodorant. Combine with Tea Tree essential oil for added strength.
- Create a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.
How to Use:
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
- Open the bottle of essential oil and put up to your nose (never touch the bottle top) and inhale.
- Put one drop in your hand and rub the other hand clockwise and inhale
- Steam inhalation, boiling water, put a couple drops in the water and inhale after the water has stopped boiling.
- Nebulizer (diffuser that does not use water) puts the oils into the air and they stay in the air longer
Get Citronella for free this month!!!! Message us to find out how!