Blue Cypress is also known as Blue Gold. Blue Cypress is a beautiful, cobalt blue and is the only naturally blue essential oil that comes from a tree. Fun fact, this oil is so distinctive and beloved that this tree’s aroma was chosen as the official fragrance of the Sydney 2000 Olympics!!
Young Living’s Blue Cypress essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and wood of the rare Northern Cypress Pine, native only to Australia’s Northern Territory. The scientific name of Blue Cypress, Callitris intratropica, which references the tree’s triangular leaves that are arranged in spirals of three.
Blue Cypress has been used for thousands of years by Australian aboriginal people in a variety of household and personal applications. Here are a few ways you can use Blue Cypress:
Support muscles. Blue Cypress is great to use post-workout. Just add a few drops to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, rub it on muscles after physical workouts.
Moisturize skin. Blue Cypress has excellent beneficial properties for the skin. Use Blue Cypress and apply topically to hydrate the skin after time outside.
Soothe skin while shaving. Add a drop or two of Blue Cypress to soap or carrier oil and apply to skin after shaving.
Use in household cleaning. Add Blue Cypress to Thieves® Household Cleaner for extra cleaning power or include it in a custom blend of Lemon and Clove essential oils mixed in water to create your own all-purpose cleaner for kitchens, bathrooms, desktops, and other surfaces.
Here’s a few ways you can use Blue Cypress for Inhalation:
- Open the bottle of essential oil and put up to your nose (never touch the bottle top) and inhale.
- Put one drop in your hand and rub the other hand clockwise and inhale
- Steam inhalation, boiling water, put a couple drops in the water and inhale after the water has stopped boiling.
- Nebulizer (diffuser that does not use water) puts the oils into the air and they stay in the air longer
- Make an inhaler. Add 10-15 drops on the wick of inhaler.