Easy Recipes to Help Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Now that the holidays are over, we’re excited to help you accomplish your resolutions with some easy, make-ahead recipes that will keep your belly full and your resolve strong. We’re also excited to announce our new line of Vitality™ essential oils that you can incorporate into your diet regimen to add some ‘wow’ to your food and up your water intake!
While you may be tempted to skip meals, we suggest having smaller meals, more frequently to keep your metabolism cranking all day. And we know it has to be easy to maintain long-term so we have prepared 3 easy, make-ahead recipes to help you achieve your goals. Total prep time for all three delicious dishes is only 40-45 minutes and can be frozen and pulled out when you need them so you can plan ahead to incorporate these healthy snacks and get more sleep in the new year too!
Peach Mango Breakfast Smoothie
TIP: Measure out the frozen fruit, protein powder, water and oil ahead of time so you can just dump and blend right before breakfast.
- ½ Cup frozen peaches
- ½ Cup frozen mangos
- 2 scoops Pure Protein Complete Vanilla Spice
- 12 oz cold water
- 3 drops Tangerine Vitality™ OR Bergamot Vitality™
- Put all ingredients into blender.
- Blend on highest setting for thirty seconds.
- Serve immediately.
Can be prepped in advance.
Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 ¼ Cups Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ½ Cup Butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup ice water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic (from Jar)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, Crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar Cheese (OR Fiesta Blend)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality™
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality™
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
PREPARE IN ADVANCE OPTIONS:
Option 1: Prepare crust and filling the night before. Pour filling into crust just before baking.
Option 2: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Einkorn Wolfberry Crepes Recipe
- 2 16 oz Package of Dried Wolfberries
- 8 cups Boiling water
- 4 cups NingXia Berry Syrup
- 6 drops Lemon Vitality™
- In a blender, combine Einkorn Pancake Mix, water or milk of your choice, eggs, vanilla, sweetener, salt, and melted butter. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low to medium heat and brush with oil or butter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan and tip to spread the batter to the edges.
- When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine Dried Wolfberries and boiling water in a large bowl and cover to keep in heat.
- Let sit for 30 minutes. (Can be prepared in advance)
- Pour off water, strain the wolfberries and return to bowl.
- Add Ningxia Berry Syrup, Lemon Vitality™ and stir.
- Fill and/or top crepes with Wolfberry mixture.
- Lay crepe flat.
- Pour Wolfberry filling down the center, leaving at least 1 inch from edge.
- Fold the crepe in half (like a taco), then roll from the center out and place on plate.
- Top or garnish with additional Wolfberry filling and fresh whipped cream, if desired.
***For Gluten-Free Crepes, use 2 cups of Gluten-Free Pancake & Waffle Mix and add 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice.***
Recipe Prep Order and Shopping Lists
Recommended Prep Order
(60 minutes prior to serve time):
- Make Crepe Batter and place in refrigerator
- Prep quiche and place in oven
- Rehydrate dried wolfberries, prepare crepe filling
- Prep and pour Smoothies
- Remove Quiche from Oven and keep warm to serve
- Cook Crepes, fill and serve warm
- Blend smoothies and serve promptly
Grocery Store Shopping List:
- Frozen Peaches
- Frozen Mangos
- 1 (10 ounce) package Frozen Spinach
- Small Jar of Minced Garlic in Water
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar Cheese (OR Fiesta Blend)
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 sticks of Butter, chilled and diced
- 10 large eggs
- Whipping Cream (if desired for crepe topping)
Young Living Shopping List:
- Pure Protein Complete Vanilla Spice
- Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix (OR Gluten-Free Pancake & Waffle Mix)
- NingXia Berry Syrup
- Dried Wolfberries
- Yacon Syrup and/or Blue Agave
- Tangerine Vitality™
- Bergamot Vitality™
- Basil Vitality™
- Oregano Vitality™
- Rosemary Vitality™
- Lavender Vitality™
- Lemon Vitality™
Most importantly, make sure you are drinking enough water each day to keep hydrated and help your body perform at its best. According to the Mayo Clinic’s online article, Nutrition and Healthy Eating, “water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells, and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.” The article also states “the Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day. The adequate intake for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.”
For those not currently drinking enough water, it can be difficult to increase this habit. So try spicing it up with just a few drops of Vitality™ essential oils! We suggest 2 drops per 20 ounces for a nice hint of flavor of Citrus Fresh Vitality™, Grapefruit Vitality™, Jade Lemon Vitality™, Lavender Vitality™, Lemon Vitality™, Lime Vitality™, Orange Vitality™ and Tangerine Vitality™. But you may find other more savory oils you enjoy such as Ginger Vitality™, Peppermint Vitality™, or Cinnamon Bark Vitality™. Have fun playing with your own special blends and you’ll be drinking plenty of delicious, beneficial water in no time!