Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
Are you ready for a treat that’s rich, chocolaty, and has a seasonal twist? We’ve partnered with Sylvie Shirazi of the Gourmande in the Kitchen blog for a decadent treat that’s flavored with pure Young Living essential oils!
This recipe is simply perfect to impress your guests during the holidays. Enjoy!
Prep. time: 30 minutes, plus time to cool
Makes a dozen truffles
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 50 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Ginger essential oil
- 1 drop Clove essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg essential oil
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1–2 minutes, and then stir gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Refrigerate until mixture is just set, about 2 hours.
- With a small scoop or spoon, make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to smooth.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish. Roll each truffle in the cocoa until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve.
- Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.