How to use Thieves Essential Oil
The Thieves Story
The story goes that a group of spice traders and merchants, which were dubbed the “Thieves” lived in the 15th century and traded the likes of cinnamon and cloves from India across Europe. When the bubonic plague struck, international shipping and trade stopped. The spice traders needed a way to support themselves so they began covering themselves in protective spices.
In the early 1990s Gary Young studied essential oils and recreated a blend he had been researching based on the story of these spice traders. According to Gary there are 17 different versions of the story of the spice-trading thieves and each contains a different amounts of different oils. This intrigued Gary to research essential oils and make the perfect Thieves Oil blend for everyday use.
He researched the properties of all of the different oils in the multiple ingredients lists he found. His research lead to a proprietary oil blend which became Young Living Thieves Essential Oil.
What is in Thieves Essential Oil?
There are five different essential oils in Thieves.
- Clove Essential Oil (Syzygium aromaticum) promotes a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness. An important ingredient in Young Living’s Thieves blend, its principal constituent is eugenol.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant; and may be beneficial for the skin. It has cleansing and purifying properties.
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (Cinnamomum verum) The essential oil promotes a healthy immune response, and helps maintain a healthy lifestyle regimen.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) may support a healthy respiratory system*; and to soothe muscle discomfort after exercise.
- Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineol) was one of the most broadly used plants throughout the ages. Supports a healthy lifestyle regimen and overall well-being. Rosemary includes the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol and alpha-pinene.
How do I Use Thieves Essential Oil?
Use diluted – 1:4 dilution (one part essential oil: four parts carrier oil). Then,
- Apply several drops (2-4) on feet, throat or chest
- Apply under the arm to support lymphatic system detox
- Apply to chakras/vitaflex points
- Directly inhale
- Diffuse for 20-30 minutes every 4-8 hours
Utilizing the power and protection of Thieves essential oil blend, Young Living created an extensive line of plant-based household products. From toothpaste and mouthwash to cleaning products, hand soaps, and even throat lozenges, the Thieves product line provides safe, effective alternatives for use in the home. They are
1. Thieves® Household Cleaner,
2. Thieves® Spray,
3. Thieves® Wipes,
4. Thieves® Lozenges,
5. Thieves® Dentarome Plus™
6. Thieves® Dentarome Ultra™ toothpastes,
7. Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus™ Mouthwash.
Each has Thieves® oil blend as an integral ingredient.
Ready to get started supporting your family’s immune system naturally?